Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Flowers for Algernon

by Daniel Keyes

It was one of the books that left strong impact on me back in high school. The story of a mentally challenged man made intelligent artificially. And then falling back to his original state. It was an overwhelming experience reading it.

Reread it recently... I understand some parts better now... But at the same time, it pales when I compare it against my impression of it. A lil too simple for my current state. Perhaps most good books are made to cater the general public to be successful.

Still one of the better books due to its idea. Should reread "Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4" to make comparison. (my memory relates these two books together from the extensive reading i did back at my slacking days.

No comments:

Post a Comment